Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A blog about my blog...

When I started this blog I didn't really have a specific plan for what direction I wanted it to go. I knew I wanted to show the "Before and After" series and thought this "venue" would be perfect for that (didn't feel like the whole series would work on my website). After the series I have taken this thing in a few different directions and I just wanted to say if you enjoy the randomness of it all, expect to see some more.

First some linkage:

Days With My Father Amazing series of images that is worth your time.
Via Shoot the Blog.

And some visual treats from your's truly:

After spending a weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks we continued our "Tour of Missouri" by checking out Rocheport and many miles of The Katy Trail. Having grown up in this state I am ashamed to say that I never realized how much that area of the state has to offer.

We stayed on a farm an amazing place that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet retreat.

Our first evening at Terrapin Creek:

We spent parts of two days biking on the Katy Trail (46 miles to be exact) and I am anxious to see more of the trail. At some point I hope Kansas City will be linked to the trail.

Clay Silo east of New Franklin, Missouri:

Interstate 40 overpass:
The "new trail" of cars on Interstate 40 eventually helped to make the Katy Trail (which originally was a railroad line) obsolete. I love that people had the forsight to take something and give it a second life that benefits everything from the environment to the economies of the cities along the trail.

Missouri River, Booneville:

The power of the river is immense although they look like sticks in this image those are actually huge trees and branches the biggest probably 75 feet in length.

No comments: